Freitag, 10. Oktober 2014



Preliminary Task


In our last 3 lessons i accomplished my Preliminary task. We started with filming every clip at least three times. At the beginning i thought why should we do it that often thats useless, but when it came to the editing it was really a big advantage because it was so much easier to fit the clips together when you have more opportunities.



When i'am going to film my movie i will now definitely record every clip at least three times.


When i started the editing is was a great opportunity to test my skills with Final Cut Pro 10. It was great to test all the different effects and transitions we are able to apply to our movie. 

At the beginning i had a slightly problem with the cutting of the clips but after a few try's it worked without any problems.

I struggled with the exporting of my movie as well but after a few minutes i figured out how it works so it won't be a problem anymore.

The Shots I Have Used



The first shot I have used was an ESTABLISHING SHOT. 
This shot is used to set the scene and to show the audience where the scene is located. It's often at the beginning of a scene.



New York City Establishing shot.




The next shot I have used is a OVER THE SHOULDER SHOT.
It's used to give us the characters point of view but it includes a part of the characters shoulder or head in the shot.





The next shot I've used was a TRACKING SHOT.
I have used it when my main character walks along a corridor.
In a professional movie the Tracking shots are filmed from a mobile crane. A Tracking shot usually follows the character or object as it moves along the screen.




The next shot I have used is a CLOSE UP to the characters hands. 
A close up is a framing in which the scale of the object shown is relatively large. In a close-up a persons head, or some other similarly sized object, would fill the frame.




Than I have used a MEDIUM SHOT.
In a Mid shot a human being with the hight between 4-5 feet would fill most of the screen vertically.
I have used it when my character opens the door and walks into the room.



The next shot I have used is a Tracking Shot again.




After that I have used a POV-Shot.
A Point of vied shot is taken with the camera placed approximately where the character's eyes would be, showing what the character would see, usually cut in before or after a shot of the character looking.





Than I have used a TWO SHOT to illustrate the conversation between the two characters.
So a Two shots are composed when two people are in the scene and their interaction is important.


At the end a POV-Shot is used again.



My Preliminary Task video

Overall i can say that it worked well for me, and it was great fun.
I'am really looking forward to produce and edit my movie in the future.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen